Skip to main content

Frugal Innovator in everyone!


Writes every day. 
Helps everyone. 
Hustles hard!

This one is about a Lab technician from my college. I always look up to him. He helped me whenever I face difficulty in handling instruments. I've learned so much about principles and instrumentation of every experiment that I perform. I thought he is leading an ordinary life who wishes to keep his family happy.  A monotonic happy life. 9-5 Job. 20k salary. I've seen him writing but never really asked him. One day, He left that book open and went to see his boss. I Opened it. BOOM! Completely blown away. Things that drew me: Newspaper cuttings, Scribbled stories, Scientific sketches, and Technical content. It was full of innovative sketches which include facts and history. I asked him why was he so secretive about this. He replied that people will laugh at me when they see this. He always pushed his boundaries. But, we as a society, made him think in this manner. I didn't judge him but never expected this much from him. I'm also wrong for placing someone in a category who doesn't have the caliber to think in this fashion. In a way, I also judged him. Basically, This attitude was inherited from my family and society. I can't help it. But, this guy completely changed my perception on the way I was looking at people. I understood that we shouldn't underestimate anyone!

I'll share some of his sketches and ideas that he designed. I always wanted to design something on the lines that he is working on. The ideas that he generates are so novel, even engineers find it difficult to something like that. As an Engineer, we are getting streamlined into one particular domain and couldn't think of something out of the box. Researchers/Engineers work on so many aspects (Chemical, Physical and Biology) of a material/molecule or composite. But, no one is really looking to integrate and analyze all the parameters. Synergy happens only when every aspect is critically analyzed and interpreted. This systematic analysis can at least help us to understand our course into the future. Coming back to his sketches:

1) Black Bottom Accumulator


 The setup based on simple evaporation and condensation of water where water molecules are evaporated by exposing solar heat. Then, the molecules are condensed in an inclined plane and water trickles down along the plane. Therefore, Water can be reused. This is simple, yet powerful.

2)

This one consists of many ideas which include Home Guard Camouflage, Transparent face cover, Modern Scooter equipped with Sunshade and Smart House (Temperature sensor, Burglary monitoring, Carbon monoxide sensor, Door and Window monitoring). All these ideas are simple and self-explanatory still, I couldn't figure out how such ideas can be triggered? 

Mr. Gangai Amaran
He is the one behind this!! Loved his obsession with sketching such ideas. My goal is to integrate these ideas into the real world application. I'll try to learn and do as much as possible!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What actually defines you?

Few questions that I always ask myself  Is it the social intelligence that defines you? Is it the good looks that defines you? Is it the physical health that defines you? We have many ways to quantify intelligence,looks and physical health. Intelligence can be quantified with the help of so called I.Q (Intelligent Quotient), Looks can be quantified based on the Age/tone of your skin/your smile etc. Likewise, Health can also be quantified based on diet you follow / Exercise to keep yourself fit each day. All the parameters mentioned above not exactly define you.They are tools to assess you at that particular instant. Human minds are not static,they swing in different directions. Life is an integration of situations/instances that you face over time. Decision making is always difficult because the future of the curve is decided by decisions that you make. It is very hard to sustain your momentum going but when you choose different track you have to make sure that you follo
I still don't understand how people zero down to a particular subject without knowing about the subject.Students take up the specific subject as their lifetime career after finishing their school but how students have zeroed down  one specific subject without leaving a question to others? Do we need to live the life the way comes and go along with that? How people say that "I'm really passionate about this" without knowing the subject? all these questions kept me boggling throughout the day and night. Let's take my case I took up biotech as my career after my 12th still I don't know why? keep this apart,I don't think even after undergoing 6 months of lectures,assignments,exams,practicals....... won't provide sufficient base for us to develop interest.I still remember a famous saying by John Nash that-"Hours of lecture will make you dull and makes you averse towards that subject."I'm in a state of predicament where I can't find my i

A Disciple of Feynman's Teaching

Understand what you do!  Be precise about anything that you write/say. Don't be superficial. Get into deeper layers of Understanding. Richard Feynman once said:                                                                                     "I don't know anything.                   But, I know that it will be interesting              if you go deep into it." Feynman was one of the great scientists of all time, a much-loved professor at Caltech and a curious character who mastered thinking and physics. Singapore hosted a brand new exhibition on Feynman's Curious Life: All possible paths to celebrate 100 years of his life. I spent some time there, learned about his contributions to this world and his attempts to teach science in a funny way! Loved it! 'QANTUM' VAN: In 1975, He bought a new Dodge Tradsman Maxivan and painted the exterior with his famous Feynman Diagrams. He obtained a license plate, but due to the limited num